more of the same insanity ::::::::

9.15.2005

Big red button

Big red buttons must be pushed. And the pushing of the button is more important than the function connected to the button. The button doesn't even have to do anything. But you GOTTA push it. It was built to be pushed. Even if it does do something and that something is really negative, you gotta push it.

What big red button? I don't know, metaphorically speaking, I guess. Last night I was using a little program called Butler and looking at my Applications folder. From Butler you can launch groups of programs at the same time. I saw the option that said "Launch Group", in this case meaning, "Launch all eighty bijillion programs on your computer at the same time." This would usually be a bad idea. And no one had a gun to my head or anything, and yet I had to do it. I was thinking, "This is a bad idea. Heh heh. Button. Launch Programs."

So I clicked the button. About a hundred and twenty applications immediately started fighting for attention on the Dock, and my computer couldn't decide what to do first, so it did everything, for about forty seconds. Then it didn't do anything at all anymore. I had to do a power shutdown on the computer. It was a bad idea.
My attention span has failed me, and the convention of writing a little more and finishing off this blog as a complete thought no longer merits the mental effort required.

Also, National Talk-Like-A-Pirate Day was like two days ago, and we all missed it. So let's each of us take a moment out of consideration for our favorite respective pirates...

That's all for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home