more of the same insanity ::::::::

9.23.2005

Clot or not

I have very little facial hair today. I shaved it off yesterday afternoon in an attempt to make a good impression at my job interview. It was a mistake I made just moments before leaving for the interview. Fifteen minutes after cutting and nicking myself various times, I was pulling into the office building still bleeding from the side of my face. I used my right hand to shake hands, and to give my resume to the lady. My left was busy holding tissue up to my face. The whole interview went about as well as I could have possibly expected when considering that my face spent the entire twenty minutes bleeding into a wad of toilet paper in my hand, which I kept tight against my cheek as though I were trying to hold my face together. I've read several of those "Things To Not Do In An Interview" lists. I think bleeding was one of them. For some reason, bleeding into tissue paper kind of puts you off your guard for those tough interview questions. Also, next time you are in an interview with your hand on your face to keep in the blood, don't pull the tissue away to see if you are still bleeding or not. Cuz you are, and now you're making a scene of it.




I stopped bleeding about an hour or so after getting home. Nice going, face. Way to ruin it for the rest of me. No one's going to hire you if you bleed on them. It's considered "unprofessional."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home